Dr. Dragan Radoicic
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgery
Hip & Knee Primary/Revision Arthroplasty and Sports Injuries
- Hip and Knee Replacement (primary and revision)
- Management of total hip/knee arthroplasty infections
- Hip and Knee fractures and Sports injuries
- General Trauma Management
I have been in the Orthopaedic Surgeon post in Military Medical Academy Belgrade, Serbia for the past 7 years. Key responsibilities: Diagnosis, treatment and management of musculoskeletal injuries and diseases, including sports injuries and bone fractures.
I have special interest in the Hip and Knee total joint replacements (primary and revision, bilateral replacements, minimally invasive approaches and computer navigation). In the management of sports injuries performing knee and ankle arthroscopies with proficiency in the primary and revision ACL reconstruction, meniscal repairs, MPFL surgery.
Being former military orthopedic surgeon, I have operatively treated a significant number of fractures of upper and lower extremities, trained in minimally invasive fracture care, open reduction and internal fixation (plates as as well as intramedullary nailing), with experience in the treatment of the postoperative trauma surgery complications (infections and nonunions), gunshot and blast injuries, as well as diabetes related orthopedic complications.
I obtained my PhD with a thesis focused on "the impact of timing of hip fractures operative treatment on outcome and complications" from the University of Nis Faculty of Medicine Serbia in 2015. In parallel to my "on the field" practice, I also enjoyed teaching the undergraduate medical students and orthopaedic residents of the Medical Faculty of the Military Medical Academy.
Education and Training
- PhD Thesis: The impact of timing of hip fractures operative treatment on outcome and complications University of Nis Faculty of Medicine Serbia, 2015
- MB, Bch, University of Nis Faculty of Medicine Serbia, 2001
- Kopenhagen Denmark, Revision total knee arthroplasty, 2010
- AO Principles of Operative Fracture Management Course: basic and advanced principles, 2010
- Revision surgery after infection in total knee and hip arthroplasty, Endo-klinik Hamburg Germany, 2011
- Dr Dragan Radoicic attended numeorous specialized orthopedic courses and trainings, always keeping up with the advances in the respective fields of interest.
- SICOT (Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie)
- ESSKA (European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy)
- ESMA (European Sports Medicine Associates)
- SOTA (Serbian orthopedic trauma association)
Dr. Radoicic has published papers and presented at orthopedic congresses.