Dr. Mostafa Abdelmaboud Azab
Orthopedics Shoulder Surgeon
Deals with full scope of shoulder pathology by open and arthroscopic procedures.
Dr. Mostafa had full training at Cairo University, Egypt. He started at Cairo University (Kasr Eleini), Egypt, where he completed his Trauma and Orthopedic full training and rotation in 2002. He was appointed as an assistant Lecturer then Lecturer of Orthopedics surgery and traumatology at Cairo University. He was also appointed as a part time lecturer of Orthopedics surgery and traumatology at Batterjee medical college, Saudi Arabia.
In 2004, Dr. Mostafa took a year of clinical fellowship training in Badgodsberg Klinik; Bonn, Germany. The fellowship involved intensive training in arthroscopic Shoulder surgery by prestigious specialist doctors.
From the year 2007 till 2015; Dr. Mostafa served as a full time Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Saudi German Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia which is a trauma referral center. He dealt with all the Shoulder procedures and was also involved in managing most of the trauma cases.
- “Crossed wires versus two lateral wires in management of Supracondylar fracture of the Humerus in Children in the hands of Junior trainees.” Journal of Orthopedic trauma, Ms. No. JOT6746R2, 2015.
- Comparative study of direct MR arthrography and CTarthrography with arthroscopic correlation in Pre-operative evaluation of anterior shoulder instability. Article published in Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear medicine ,June 2013.
- MR imaging of Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction poor outcomes. Article published in Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear medicine ,April 2013.
- “Mini-open Arthroscopically assisted Rotator cuff repair.” Thesis done on 30 cases and submitted for the fulfillment of the MD degree in Orthopaedic surgery and Traumatology; Cairo University Feb. 2005.
- “Management of Articular cartilage defects.” Essay prepared and submitted for the fulfillment of the Master degree of Orthopedics; Cairo University, July 2001.
- Member of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Member of SICOT organization
- Member of Egyptian Orthopedic Association
- Member of Saudi Orthopedic Association.
Education and Training
- MB. BCh. Degree, Cairo University 1999
- Orthopaedic Residency, Rotating 1999-2002
- MSC (Orth& Trauma) 2001, Cairo University
- MD (Doctorate) in Orthopedics and Shoulder Surgery, 2006, Cairo University
- Full time Specialist Registrar Orthopedics, Military Production Medical center, Egypt, 2002-2007.
- Shoulder Fellowship, Badgodsberg Klinik, Bonn, Germany, 2004
- Lecturer of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Cairo University, 2007.